Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wisdom

When I opened my eyes for the first time, I saw light, people and this world. Before that I was free from the limits of mind, a state where you have nothing and you want nothing … not even peace. I knew about nothing and I wanted to know nothing and then I opened my eyes and I grew wise.

But that was a tough time. I was totally dependent on others. If I wanted to go somewhere I had to tell someone to take me there. And that was not easy; they did not always understand what I used to say. They used to first check my diapers and a series of guesses used to follow. Sometime they even used to take me to totally opposite direction. After sometime I realized my legs are strong enough to take my weight and I took my first step. I was ready to go places. I grew wiser.

Soon, it was evident that I had to learn their language for a proper communication. I do not remember my first word but they had a long debate on what was my first word. Anyways, I started learning language and I grew wiser.

Then on one fateful day, my parents left me at some weird place, full of intelligent guys like me and some stupid grown ups who even tried to teach us. We used to make fun of them, laugh at them and surprisingly they used to find it cute. But I still hated that place. In the evening when my mother came to pick me up, I ran and hugged her. I was crying and she tried to make me quiet by presenting me my favorite chocolate. That day, I realized there is something sweeter than my favorite chocolate.

After that I had a series of myth-busters like my dad is superman, my big brother knows everything; I can buy or have anything I want etc.

Then I learnt Mathematics, which adds doubts and divides our faith.

When I was eight I used to get really annoyed when some stupid girl used to come and would say that they want to play cricket with me/us. After some years I understood their importance
(So what she was stupid) and I started liking them but they were no longer interested in playing cricket. I realized the importance of time.

Then I learnt about the rules and this was my first introduction to crime.

When I came to college, I realized how good was school days (which I used to hate so much during my school days); when I started working, I used to miss my college days and fun. After marriage, sigh… you know better. Only after exams, I get to know the full syllabus for that subject. With every failure and success, I learnt something and I termed it as experience.

You grow stronger to a certain age and then start getting weaker. We, sometimes neglect the important things in our lives over trivial matters. Now, that I am dying, I have learnt a great deal and have enough experience to do good and right things. But I do not have the strength and time. Why Life do this to us? When we are finally capable of understanding things in a better way, it stops. It is stopping for me. I can feel my eye lids getting heavier. So, all my wisdom will of no use to me or to anyone else. At this moment, I realizes, ‘Ignorance is bliss’.


PS: Jokes are only for fun, do not take it as my chauvinism.

23 comments:

Vishal said...

excellent ..

tat was good bapp ..
really ...

There are times .. (apart from the time wen u r in a deathbed) where u truly realize the irony of the statement ..

ignorance is bliss ..

Cheers!

Aurora said...

hmmm...

Sometimes the good old me sounds stranger to THE ME NOW.

Those old immature kids have disappeared somewhere.

That innocence has been replaced with formality.

Did'nt knew... Growing up will change you in and out.

If i realised this earlier..thn
I would have opted out from this “growing up “process!!

………things are so unfair sometimes..

Anyways ...a huge price to pay in the name of growing up.

Aurora said...

A moment after which your existing life remains only through memory pages . Time by time you start doing the analysis of "looking back" and realising how good it was and how much you miss it now !!


Moments to remember, mostly when there is absence of such moments.
Well not only to remember; it gives a chance to count on those blessings and also a boost to look at the light when you feel you are lost at the end of the tunnel.

Sometime anticipating moments come without a knock on the door. all we need to do is embrace them. So keep looking for them with wide open eyes. i am sure you will defintely have them in lots :-)

:)

============

Phew ...long comment:P

Vishal said...

yea .. very long ..
add to tat i did not understand a single word .. :) .. :P

hehe .. kidding ok .. ;)

cheers!

Bhav .. ur blog just got a new fan .. ;)

Unknown said...

ha ha ha.. aapko abhi pata chala the importance of girls..lekin wo ab aapko nahi bolti hai ki cricket khelo.. ha ha ha ..
kya gajjab likhte hain ji aap..

Maddie said...

That was really thought provoking Bhav!! Nice one this time!!!

Avinash singh said...

maayeri....

tum to le liye ho baki sab kaa..

gd 1 dude.. gd 1 bhau...

totally amazing concept nd the write up.. wo marriage wala point pe thora sa continuity atakta hai.. but still the flow is so strong ki ruk nahi paata hai..

Unknown said...

So u dont like girls playing cricket...huh...!!!
really a nice one...
we learn from every experience...Living life everyday makes us wiser...
Well use ur wisom in ur next birth..wud be useful..hahaha..;)
Really liked this blog so much...
I can sense you becoming wiser..bhav..saint bhav..:)

Voice said...

vishal
thanks dood :)

megha
tumhara comment mere blog se achha ho gaya.

amit g
aap to stud hai...


maddie
This time!!! :O
hehehe, thanks

avinash
hum kya lenge... apna bacha le wahi bahut hai

anu
hehehe... that was long time ago.
next birth hoga bhi ya nahi ... pata nahi

------
Thanks all for commenting...

Winnie the poohi said...

loved it

U rock \m/\m/

sonik said...

Very nice post, really enjoyed reading it.

It's true that growing up only gives us wisdom and takes away all our strength to apply that wisdom. It's no fun growing up because all the fun days are left behind and we don't even realize they're fun while we're in those days.

I once read somewhere about how it'd have been if our life cycle had reversed. We'd come to this world weak, old and wrinkled but with loads of wisdom and start growing younger, stronger, richer. And with all our wisdom we'd make the right choices and enjoy every living moment because we would already be having the experience.

Rohit Anand said...

your blog is no more an inspiration for me, it has moved to another level.

Anurag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anurag said...

I will just say one word..WOW...that was really really awesome ....it seemed that you are writing each word as if you have really lived them...
Rags

Unknown said...

Excellent Bhav....
u make me nostalgic.....keep it up....

Raju said...

good one.. u r better n better with each post..

Deepshikha said...

After a ship has sunk, everybody knows it could be saved...
My first thoughts after reading your post... :)

Its a double edged sword ignorance and wisdom, too much or too little can kill the fun of life...

BTW have u become wiser abt girls after this post??

Deepshikha said...

btw its hard to decide whether 7 month break makes u write well, or 3 posts in 7 days... !!! u have got me confused...

Raja said...

Excellent!
I'll be a regular here from now on :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog.

Ignorance is bliss. I couldn't agree more.

AMIT said...

I like that u shared all this things here with us.

Lingerie Alley

Unknown said...

this is the beauty of life....u always miss things which u cannot have again in life....once they r gone ...they r gone........so live each moment of ur life........

Bini said...

one of the most moving posts here.. wonderful.